My struggle with more than WAHM

I have been overweight for about 4 years. I never used to have a weight problem, I was always thin. Even when we became pregnant 4 years ago I was loosing weight. My doctor of course put me on a high fat diet to gain weight durring pregnancy. It was a hard pregnancy I was in and out of the hospital the whole time. Well coming out of pregnancy I was about 175......I worked and worked to loose the weight with no success. I never really thought of it because pregnancy changes everything about your body so I have been dieting strugling eating healthy working out every day for 4 years. All it ever got me was extream exaution, nausia, headaches, dizzy spells, and a number of other things that have just magnified year after year, and every year i gained more and more weight. So four years later for all the work I have done all I have to show for it is 30 more pounds.

Well just Two weeks ago I finally went to the doctor and said I need tests done. I have family history of diabetes and heart problems and I need to know whats causing all this. So two mondays ago the test comes back nothing that I had mentioned before good news.....no not really......The diagnosis is Hypo-Thyroid......a condition causing the thyroid to under produce the hormone controlling metabolism, and controlls other functions in the body. So this explained it.....all of it, everything I had been feeling, the unexplained inability to loose weight, and a number of other things.

I have had a hard time dealing with it, I have spent 4 years telling my self that its my fault I am gaining, those times I cheated caused it, I am doing the wrong excersizes, I need to work harder. I have been beating myself up for being unable to loose this weight and the whole time it was out of my controll. My husband and I have been trying for a second baby for three years now, and seeing as how I wasnt supposed to concieve our first I have been beating myself up about that too! Hypo-thyroid causes infertility too! I am just trying so hard to come to grips with the idea that all these years its not my fault, I have to completely reprogram myself.

So i started taking Levoxill .25 micro grams once daily. The first day I felt awesome I felt normal! Each day is different it varys on how well I feel. I will have to go back every six weeks for more blood tests till we get the right dosage. I hate needles, .....sigh..... My husband is soo supportive of me asks me every day how I am feeling, makes sure i am taking my medicine and my vitamins every day. I have been a member of Curves for about a year now and they are so supportive too! I will be joining the Weight Management Class in September! I hope to finally get to a manageable weight!! And feel normal again!


0 comments: